Its babka and apple time! This Apple Cinnamon Babka is a simple recipe that can be made anytime and is a perfect breakfast recipes. Any apple type can be used for this recipe. And the great ting is that it can be used with any fruits at hand. With Pumpkin season in full swing you can substitute apples for pumpkins. A classic Eastern European and jewish dish Babka can be eaten as a simple dessert or even as a breakfast alternative. The recipe is perfect for vegans and can be made vegan or with eggs. You’ll find both version below.
I have been obsessed with making this twisted bread for a long time but never came around to actually making it. Now with apple season it seemed like the perfect recipe to make. Any apples are perfect for this recipe, including the once that are over ripe.
The great thing about this Babka Recipe is that it can be used with any fruits that are available to you. The short video below will show you how to roll the Babka and twist it to get the beautiful shape once you cut the Babka open. Enjoy!
- For the Babka
- 335 g Flour
- 125 g fine Sugar
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 vegan Egg (1 normal Egg)
- 12.5 g Yeast
- 60 ml Nutmilk
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 180 ml Vegetable Oil
- 50 g Magarine
- For the Cinnamon-Apple Filling
- 3 medium sized Apples
- 40 g Magarine
- 30 g brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- Mix the yeast with warm nut milk and let the yeast start working. Now set the yeast milk aside.
- Mix the Flour with all the flavors such as Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Salt and Sugar.
- Next add the vegan Egg, yeast milk, oil and magazine. Once you have achieved a smooth dough cover it with a dishcloth and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Peel the apples and cut small cubes. Then roll out the dough and spread the magarine on the dough. Now spread the apples evenly and spread brown sugar and cinnamon ontop. Now roll the dough to a long sausage and cut two pieces in the middle. Twist the tow pieces and put into a long cake form.
- Bake the Babka for about 30 Minutes at 180°C on the middle rack.